TIPS ON HOW TO IMPROVE THE LIFE OF YOUR PRESSURE CLEANER
Following we have laid out some basic and simple tips that you can do yourself on your pressure washer to improve its longevity and service capability.
- CHECK OIL REGULARLY. All machines have oil in their pumps and if it is a petrol or diesel pressure cleaner they will have oil in the engine and gear box (if the unit has one). The oil in the pump lubricates the internals of the pump and if the oil starts changing colour then the oil is starting to loose its lubrication and needs to be drained and changed. Depending upon the usage of your machine you should check the oil nearly every week and the oil should be changed every 100 hours of usage.
- FUEL FOR BURNER OR MOTORS. We have seen over the years that the petrol / diesel from fuel stations has unfortunately not been of a high quality as it used to be and we are finding more and more companies putting contaminated fuel in their pressure cleaners. This can cause the coil to soot up, filters to get clogged and can cause the system to stop working all together. Always check the fuel that you are putting into your machine to ensure it is not contaminated and if in doubt use the higher quality fuel.
- FAULTS WITH THE MACHINE. Sometimes a small leak or problem with a pressure cleaner can occur and if it doesn’t inhibit the operation of the machine this problem or leak can get left and sometimes forgotten about as the machine is still operating. It is highly recommended to report every fault with your machine either small or large to a qualified service technician or if you are servicing your own unit to fix it up straight away. Small faults like that can get left, and not repaired can cause major problems and costly repair bills in the near future.
- LACK OF WATER. Obviously all pressure cleaners require water to operate and when there is not enough water supply to keep up with the operation of the machine or not enough water pressure for the machine this will cause major problems. All machines have different water flows that they produce per minute such as 11 litres per minute or 15 litres per minute, etc, etc. It is recommend for all pressure cleaners that use cold water as their water supply to have a constant water flow of 30% more than what the unit operates at and a pressure of 25 psi. Without the correct amount of water or pressure into the machine will cause the internals of the pump and bypass to wear out very quickly and will cavitate the machine.
- REGULAR SERVICE. All pressure cleaners need to be serviced just like cars and it is recommended to have your machine serviced regularly. The more you use the machine the more you should have it serviced. A service to the machine will help determine if the machine is operating at is specification and will ensure that the oil has been changed, filters cleaned or changed, no water or oil leaks on the system, etc. A lot of people service their own machines these days as with some of the units it can be quiet simple. If you don’t have the time or would like someone that is in that profession to service the unit for you, then don’t hesitate to contact us.
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PRESSURE CLEANER AND WANT TO GET SOME ADVICE AS TO WHAT MAY BE CAUSING THE UNIT TO OPERATE INCORRECTLY OR YOU HAVE A MACHINE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET SERVICED THEN PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT OUR STAFF ON PH: 03 9762 2220 OR YOU MAY EMAIL THEM ATservice@jetblaster.com.au
JETBLASTER AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
10/6 HOLLOWAY DRIVE, BAYSWATER VIC 3153
PH: 03 9762 2220 – FAX: 03 9762 2266